View All The First Microfinance Bank JobsThe First Microfinance Bank
Managing and handling legal matters by providing legal support (internally/ externally) to other departments and in matters where the FMFB is a party or has an interest. One of the key tasks would be to draft/ vet and/or review agreements, MOUs and internal documentation in order to safeguard legal interests of the Bank.
- Handle contentious and non-contentious litigation pan-Pakistan including employee related matters/ grievance petitions before the labor courts and National Industrial Relations Commission.
- Court appearances in respect of cases filed against and by the Bank in compliance of court notices/ summons, criminal complaints and statements therein.
- Responsible to produce documents, accompany bank’s witnesses for recording of evidence and provide assistance to external counsels.
- Assist in litigation filing and lead the monitoring function to ensure smooth and timely delivery of services to internal stakeholders by managing routine/ non-routine queries.
- Assess legal documents of the bank and ensure legal protection, file various documents/returns with the regulator, courts and any other competent authority as required under the provisions of the applicable laws.
- Maintain MIS for all court cases, complaints, petitions, representations and enquiries, etc.
- Drafting / Vetting of legal agreements/MOUs/ supporting documents (internally/ externally), etc.
- Handling matters with law enforcement agencies (local police, FIA, etc.), provide strategies and manage pan-Pakistan litigation, submission of replies & ensure coordination within the bank/ internal departments.
- Provide support in Company Secretarial Matters, i.e. Assistance in preparation of Notice and Agenda of Shareholders Annual General or Special Meeting and record keeping.
- Provide legal advice/ opinion on various matters as may be required.
- Responsible for managing bank’s internal policies for any third-party legal risk management framework.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of relating to individual at various levels.
- Must possess strong, planning & organizational skills.
- Ability to function independently in a multi task environment.possess strong, planning & organizational skills.
- Ability to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Capability to engage and coordinate as an active member of the team.
- Enabled to interact with the local lawyers and go through court files & land documentation.
Company: The First Microfinance Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application Deadline: N/A